Indoor activities at Schloss Ringberg
- Fitness room: In the Hunting Room (“Jadgzimmer”) you’ll find a fitness equipment such as a treadmill, a rowing machine, a cross trainer, a spinning bike and various exercise accessories. Please bring your training shoes if you want to exercise in the fitness room.
- Recreation room: There is a Recreation Room with table tennis equipment, a foosball table and a dartboard above the entrance on the third floor.
- TV room: The blue seminar room is fitted with a big-screen TV. You can also play Nintendo Wii U.
- Board and card games: In the Witch Room („Hexenzimmer“) on the ground floor various board and card games are available, including a four-player chess board.
- Chess: You can play chess in front of an open fire in the Duke’s Office („Herzogliches Arbeitzimmer“).
Sightseeing at Tegernsee Valley
- Olaf Gulbransson Museum of caricatures and illustrations in Tegernsee
- “Die Tuften” (former house of the German author, publisher and editor Ludwig Thoma, who gained popularity through his descriptions of everyday Bavarian life) in Tegernsee
- Show distillery Liebschreiber near Gmund
- Cheese Dairy “Naturkäserei Tegernsee“ (guided tours are available)
- Casino in Bad Wiessee
Outdoor activities at Tegernsee Valley
- Walking/hiking (see below)
- Tobogganing/sledging on Wallberg mountain
- Bavarian curling / ice stick shooting
- Skiing on Hirschberg mountain
- Ice-skating in Tegernsee
- Boat trip on Lake Tegernsee
- Beach volleyball in Weißach directly adjacent to the lake
- Soccer at the leisure park in Kreuth
These hiking tours are suitable for an afternoon excursion (you’ll find route descriptions on the Schloss Ringberg website in the form of PDF files):
- Hiking tour to Lake Tegernsee: Approximately 1 hour, 4.8 km: Easy to walk, diverse landscapes
- Hiking tour to Wallbergbahn: Approximately 40 minutes, 3.4 km: Easy to walk with only a short climb. You can take the cable car lift “Wallbergbahn” or climb the highest mountain at Lake Tegernsee on foot and enjoy the view from the top.
- Hiking tour to Riederstein: Approximately 1.5 hours, 6 km: Park your car at car park Riedersteinstrasse and hike up to “Galaun Alm”, where you can stop for a bite to eat, and continue to the chapel on Riederstein mountain
- Hiking tour to Neureuth: Approximately 1.5 hours, 7 km: Park your car at the car park near Tegernsee station and climb Neureuth mountain, where you can have a rest stop at a restaurant
Of course many alternative walking and hiking tours are available upon request.